Hey girl! Looking for fun things to do at the lake or a place to snap that insta worthy photo?
I got you!
Here are Tiffany’s Top 10 places to hang at the LOZ …
1. Of course we gotta start the list at the Bagnell Dam Strip. See the historic Bagnell Dam, walk the strip to check out the shops and restaurants, or take the kids to the skytrail and the arcade. Check out the LOZ night life by hitting one of the bars at night to hear tons of live music and grab some amazing food.
2. Just up the strip is one of the best lake views around. Stop into Shawnee Bluff Winery and sit out on the deck to enjoy a glass of wine and take in a breathtaking view of the lake (sidenote, sunset is the best time to be there!).
3. Looking for something active to do? Book a session with Kirby’s School of Wake to learn how to surf the lake (or just get better at it). He has the best surf boats and is the most encouraging coach to help take your skills up a notch.
4. How about a dance lesson? Book a personal dance lesson with one of the teachers at Club La Roca to learn to salsa or line dance (and lot’s of other dances).
5. Maybe just want to take in the beautiful outdoors of the Ozarks? Just out of town is Ha Ha Tonka state park (or Honka Tonka as my kids called it when they were little!). So many trails, fishing, and even a castle with a fascinating story behind it. I won’t give away all the secrets so you can go check it out yourself!
6. If you are looking to celebrate a special occasion or just want to enjoy the finer side of life, 1932 Reserve is the spot for you. The Reserve offers an upscale fine dining experience that cannot be topped at the Lake and a modern, upscale lodging experience with several lofts and a personal penthouse to choose from. The penthouse has a pool with a view like no other.
7. I know what you're thinking. But WHERE can I shop? The lake has so many hidden boutiques, owned locally and carefully curated. I have a complete highlight reel over on my instagram @shopthegray to help guide you to the best of the best of the best shop for you!
8. If live music is your thing, look no further than Lake of the Ozarks. Two of the best venues at the lake to catch a favorite band or even one you’re just discovering are Ozarks Amphitheater and Shawnee Bluff Vineyard, but let’s be honest this is the lake and live music is everywhere!
9. If I know you well, you’re here at the lake having the best time and might need a recovery drink or shot! Girl, get yourself to SQeZ Juice + Health for a wheat grass shot and an acài bowl that will make all things right again!
10. Lastly, I can’t make a top 10 list without mentioning The Gray! I hope you’ll swing by 1296 Bagnell Dam Blvd and check out the space I have created at the lake to bring you all things super cool styles you might not see other places around.
xoxo - Tiffany